*Official name: Republic of Côte d'Ivoire *Motto: "Unity - Discipline - Work" *Capital: Yamoussoukro, Abidjan *Official Languages: French *Government: Unitary presidential republic *Area: 124,502 sq mi* Population: (2014 estimate) 23,919,000 *Currency: West African DFA franc (XOF) *Time Zone: GMT *Drives on the: right *International code: CI (data from Wikipedia)
For Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), I've made Fried Cinnamon Bananas. So easy and so delicious. Great recipe for kids, or adults.
Ivory Coast Fried Bananas
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- peanut oil for frying
- black pepper (savory) - optional
- cinnamon and sugar (sweet) - optional
1. Peel bananas and cut each in half. Cut each piece into four pieces - lengthwise, giving you a total of 32 french fry-sized pieces. Place banana pieces in a large shallow bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Let set for 5 minutes.
2. Heat peanut oil (about 1/2 inch deep) in a heavy skillet at medium-high heat.
3. Place crushed corn flakes in a separate large shallow bowl or on a baking pan. Roll each banana piece in corn flakes until well covered.
4. Fry banana pieces in skillet until golden brown on each side. Sprinkle with either pepper or a 50/50 mix of cinnamon/sugar. depending whether you'd like them sweet or savory.