*Official name: Republic of Costa Rica *Motto: "Pure Life" *Capital: San Jose *Official Languages: Spanish, Mekatelyu, Bribri, Patois *Government: Unitary presidential constitutional republic *Area: 19,653 sq mi* Population: (2011 census) 4,586,353 *Currency: Costa Rican Colon (CRC) *Time Zone: CST *Drives on the: right *International code: CR (data from Wikipedia)
For Costa Rica, I've made Cajeta de Coco (Coconut Fudge). A delicious and rich desert. Easy to make and additive.
Cajeta de Coco (Coconut Fudge)
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
2. Continue to cook for 5 minutes after it reaches a boil.
3. As soon as it is cool enough to handle form small balls, place in paper cups.