*Official name: Territory of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands *Motto: "Our developed land" *Capital: West Island *Official Languages: Malay, English *Government: Federal Constitutional Monarchy under the UK *Area: 5.3 sq mi *Population: (2014 estimate) 596 *Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD) *Time Zone: CCT *International code: CC (data from Wikipedia)
For Cocos (Keeling) Islands, I made Martabak. Delicious pancakes, folded in half and filled with chocolate and peanuts. A delicious buttery dessert. Addictive and tasty.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Combine flour, sugar, yeast, salt, eggs baking powder and water in a bowl. Adjust water amount to make a slightly runny batter and let sit on the counter for 1-3 hours. It will thicken up.
2. Finely chop the chocolate. Finely chop the peanuts. Grease a nonstick skillet or griddle and cook the batter pancake style (makes 2), flipping once.
3. When cooked, butter the top. Pour generous amount of sweetened condensed milk over top and sprinkle with chocolate and nuts. Fold in half like a taco. Cut into strips and serve warm.