*Official name: Republic of Cabo Verde *Motto: "Unity, work, progress" *Capital: Prais *Official Languages: Portuguese *Government: unitary semi-presidential republic *Area: 1,557 sq mi *Population: (2015 estimate) 525,000 *Currency: Cape Verdean Escudo (CVE) *Time Zone: CVT *Drives on the: right *International code: CV (data from Wikipedia)
For Cape Verde, I made Pudim de Queijo (Cheese Pudding), which is basically a goat cheese flan. If you like goat cheese then you will love this dish. I want to try it with a milder soft cheese such as ricotta some time.
PUDIM DE QUEIJO (Cheese Pudding)
- l lb soft goat cheese (use freshest cheese possible)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 12 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Boil the sugar in a saucepan with the water until it reaches to the consistency of a thick syrup. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the syrup and set aside. Add the cheese to the pan and mix well.
3. Remove the mixture from heat and combine with beaten egg yolks and egg whites. Stir it well until it is a smooth and even consistency.
4. Cover the bottom of the greased baking mold with the tablespoon of reserved sugar syrup. Now pour the mixture into mold.
5. Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes until slightly browned on top. Once done, remove from the oven to let cool. Remove from the mold. Serve.