*Official name: Principality of Andorra *Motto: United virtue is stronger' *Capital: Andorra la Vella *Official Languages: Catalan *Other Languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese *Government: United parliamentary diarchy *Area: 180.55 sq mi *Population: (2014 estimate) 85,458 *Currency: Euro (EUR) *Time Zone: CET *Drives on the: right *International code: AD (data from Wikipedia)
For Andorra, I made Tortilla de Patatas. An egg and potato dish that makes a great shareable meal for breakfast or brunch. Similar to a frittata or an omelet, this recipe is delicious.
Tortilla de Patatas
1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (6-8), peeled, cut into 1/4" slices
1 teaspoons kosher salt plus more
1 cups olive oil
1/4 medium onion, chopped
8 large eggs, beaten to blend
1. Place potatoes in a large colander, sprinkle with 1 teaspoons salt, and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender, 10-15 minutes.
3. Add onion to potatoes in skillet; cook until onion and potatoes are soft, 5-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to a large bowl; let cool slightly. Strain oil into a heatproof bowl; set aside.
4. Wipe out skillet. Heat 1/8 cup reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the egg mixture to the pan, add potatoes and onions, then cover with the remaining eggs, arranging potatoes to submerge.
5. Reduce heat to medium; cook tortilla until almost set (it will be slightly runny on top), 25-30 minutes. Invert onto a large plate. Slide into skillet browned side up. Cook until golden on bottom and cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into wedges.