Want cheesecake, but don't want to wait an hour to bake, and four hours to cool? Try this no-bake cheesecake recipe. You only need to let it set for 2 hours in your refrigerator, so it takes half the time.
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for dusting
- 7 oz vanilla wafers or graham crackers, crushed
- 14 oz ricotta cheese
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pkg powdered gelatin
- your choice of topping (fresh or canned fruit, chocolate sauce, etc)
1. Grease a9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Melt butter in a saucepan, add the cookie crumbs, and stir well. Transfer the mixture to the pan, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon.
2. Mix together the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and zest. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Add the cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
3. Mix the lemon juice and gelatin in a small bowl, then sit the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add to the cheese mixture and stir well. Pour the most crude on top of the cookie crumbs, spreading evenly.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until set and firm. Top with fresh or canned fruit, or any other topping of your choice. Remove from the springform pan, slice, and serve. Stir chilled for up to 2 days.