These sweet and crisp cookies have the tang of mango with the richness of dark chocolate. Easy to make and delicious.
4 tbsp butter
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/3 cup all purpose flour, sifted
¼ cup dried mango, finely chopped
½ cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp heavy cream
6 oz (175g) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Put the butter, sugar and honey into a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat. Then allow to cool until it is just warm. Stir in all the other ingredients except the chocolate.
3. Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets, leaving space between them for the cookies to spread.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Do not let them get too dark. Leave them on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Melt the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. (Alternatively, you can microwave the chocolate starting at 1 minute, stirring then heating for 15 second intervals until melted, stirring between each).
6. Once the chocolate has melted, use a palette knife or the back of a spoon to spread a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom of each cookie. Place the cookies chocolate-side up on a wire rack to set. Spread a second layer of chocolate over the cookies. This is where things can get messy, be sure to keep your hands clean as you carefully spread the chocolate. Once set, display the cookies chocolate side down.